8.31.2009

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same

I know, I know...this isn't really a film with a story persay...but it does have quite a few fantasy sequences that tell kind of a story so that counts right? It has to, it's Zeppelin.
There's minimal acting in this movie...and what is there is all kind of weird and abstract in a way and personally, I don't pay much attention to it because its just connects different parts of the Zeppelin show at Madison Square Garden in New York back in the 70's. Like I said, I don't care much for the "film" aspect of this movie...watching all their weird little fantasy/hallucinations between songs...the performance itself is where its at...the single greatest band that has ever graced worldwide airwaves.
The camera angles are wonderful. Definitely give you something to look at ya know?
I don't know if any of you have seen Jimmy Page play Dazed and Confused but I promise you it does not disappoint. A lot of people take these guys for granted. Everyone knows Zeppelin is one of the greats but what they're unaware of is the true magnitude of each of their talents and the way they culminate together to create such flawlessly beautiful music.
The reason I felt the need to review this movie is that I recently came to the realization that I will never ever get the chance to see my favorite band perform haha. Its so super lame. Now if the Shins could get their asses in gear and get another album out so they could tour, I'd be satisfied :)
Anywho, what's the best song in The Song Remains the Same? Who the hell knows. Do they play Ten Years Gone? I don't think so. We'll go with Dazed and Confused because of the bow.

Suggestionsss.
344 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment