9.03.2009

I would just like to say...

I'm not making this blog much of a priority anymore. I enjoy reviewing the movies I see and I really continue to watch movies pretty much constantly...
however, Google, being a company of it's size, feels they can be complete assholes about paying their Adsense users. One of the major objectives of this blog was to make some extra money on the side.
With the ads they've placed on my account, I should be receiving a commission everytime somebody views my page or clicks my ads.
I do the work to keep the site running, they make the majority of the money off of it and I just get kick backs. Its pretty fair.
Butttt Google has this creative little term, "invalid click".
It basically means that anybody who frequently views your page, such as a blog follower or friend/family member of the blog author, does not count as a "valid" click...
my question for Google is...If I start a blog, who are the first readers going to be? My friends and family. And from those people, others might hear about it, etc. The bottom line is, the only people who will be viewing my blog are people interested in reading my daily reviews. I don't really understand why that is considered "invalid". Isn't that the point? My content brings people to the page, they view the ads and there you go, creative advertising.
Its pretty ridiculous.
So in any event, I will still come on here and review movies as often as I can. I just wont be doing one a day anymore. Google sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment